Start Your FREE G1 Practice Test Below:
Ontario G1 Practice Test One
This sample test contains 2 sections of 20 sample driving test questions in each of them.
Ontario Sample G1 Test Five
Ontario g1 practice test that will help you prepare for the real G1 test.
Sample G1 Practice Test Two
Take this test to see how much you know about Ontario road signs and rules of the road.
G1 Road Signs Marathon
This G1 test contains one hundred questions about Ontario road signs.
G1 Ontario - Sample Practice Test Three
Forty questions: are you prepared for the MTO's real G1 knowledge test?
Road Rules G1 Marathon
Take this G1 test to perfect your Ontario rules of the road. Contains 100 practice questions.
Ontario Sample G1 Test Four
Sample knowledge test to help you prepare for the Ontario G1 test.
Maximum G1 Marathon
Our grand G1 practice test with 200 questions: road signs & road rules in Ontario.
What others are saying
“Three members of my family passed the G1 test using your tests. It was a great help.” Rasaselvan, Ontario
“I am sure I passed because of these tests – they were GREAT. thank you!” Lisa
Absolutely amazing!!! Most of the questions were presented exactly the same on the real thing. I breezed through the actual written test and got every question right thanks to these practice tests! Sarah
Your tests are just amazing, the questions are straight off the actual G1 test. Your site is the only study tool I used, and I passed the first time. THANKS SO MUCH! Sanjay
This was an awesome way to study for my G1 test. When I went to write the test at the Drive Test centre they had the same questions that are on here!! Study hard with these practice tests, and when you go and write the test you will pass with only one payment!!!! Good luck! Amanda, Ontario
Thank you so much for your free online guide..i passed my g1 just by going through your marathon tests… Highly recommended…. Ambika
Your website helped me to pass my G1 written exam. You are great! Thank you a lot! Larysa
I only used this to study for a couple days to take my G1’s and I passed with only 2 mistakes!! I don’t know what I would have done without it! Jessica
Your tests were so helpful. I was more than prepared for the written test. I enjoyed taking the tests and learned the information required to pass the G1 test so much faster than just reading the book alone. I wrote the test yesterday and it only took me a few minutes and passed easily. The tests are very close to the actual G1 test. Thank you very much for preparing such a useful tool. Krista
I would highly reccommend these tests.Whatever answers you get incorrect i suggest you go look it up and understand it. Anyway I got perfect on my exam. Thanks alot Cindy
These made me feel SO much more prepared than any other online tests did! Robby
“As far as the online G1 license tests go, this is by far the best. Thank-you! I am now sure to get an excellent score this Monday! Kevin Brink
This is amazing! Your practice test has made me feel very confident in passing the real test! Thank you so much for providing this!! Alex
These questions were almost identical to the ones given on the test!! SO HELPFUL!!! Gabriella
Great a lot better than the book I failed my driving test more than 10 times so far and after taking the online practice test I feel more confident that I will pass the G1 road test. Dany
The questions are good. The interface looks great. Everything is very clear and it helps you learn from your mistakes. Best practice I’ve found! Ryan
This online test helped me sooooooo much. If you take the test, it basically passes for. Marley
Helped me pass the drivers test with no errors. Sant
This Practice test is the best ! Trust me It is exactly the same thing on the real test, this gets you 100% ready!! Jeff
” I got my drive license, thanks to this website it helped me a lot, it is extremely useful. I passed – it is easy and it is the real as the real test. I am happy..happy..happy… Lucy
Very close to the real exam – that makes these practice tests extremely useful! Dina
“This is amazing! It is such a great way to practice. Thank you so much for making this so readily accessible to all of us! I am very grateful. Alyce
I loved the layout it was very clear and educational. No other practise tests i have taken have indicated a pass or a fail so that was extremely helpful. Emma
These tests were great considering that some people might not have the most up-to-date handbook. It gives you the right answer right away so you don’t remember the wrong ones and having to go back and check. Kat
Thank you, these tests were incredibly helpful, the website is neat and sophisticated and keeps my interest, I wish more people knew about this, then nobody would fail. Kelly
“I enjoyed it, questions were well written unlike other websites i’ve tried. Good job! Beenish
I took a chance to do this test to see how much I remember, I think everyone should do this is takes the pressure off when it comes of doing the real exam. Thank u for coming up with the G1 testing. Patrick
I think it was excellent I am 80 years old and I have been worried about taking the written test but i am feeling better everytime I practice.I will keep practicing until I get them all right.Jim
I haven’t had my g1 test yet, but these marathon questions are amazing:) Janice
More legitimate than other G1 practise test sites. Tom
Wow, this really helped me learn what I needed to know, also the tests look so real ! Michael
Welcome to our new series of sample G1 practice tests!
These practice driving tests are made to follow exactly the same format that is used at the REAL G1 practice test: 2 sections (Road Signs + Rules of the Road), 20 questions each.
To pass, no more than 4 mistakes in each section are allowed in each driving theory test. There are FIVE G1 practice tests available, plus THREE Marathon G1 Tests.
Please see the FAQ section on the left for details. Updated for 2015 G1 test!
- How does it work?Our FREE G1 Practice Tests help you prepare for your Ontario G1 Test in order to get your driver's license in Ontario, Canada. We provide sample test questions and simulate the real G1 test to help you build confidence and get ready for all sorts of questions related to Ontario traffic rules.
- Do I have to pay anything?NO! We do not charge you a penny. We don't even require registration or logging in! Simply choose a test and start practicing.
- Where do all the questions come from?Our questions were carefully designed and worded to imitate those of the real G1 test as much as possible. We have used the official Ontario Driver's Handbook, several other award-winning G1 preparation materials, feedback from our users who passed their G1, and our own successful G1 experience to create these unique practice tests that will help you cover all the bases.
- Are your questions the same as those at the REAL G1 Test?There is no way to know exactly what questions you personally will get. However, even though Ontario DriveTest centers seem to have several question sets that they rotate at random, our questions are very similar - often identical! - to the questions you will be asked when you go to take your own G1. Over the years we have received a lot of positive feedback from Ontario drivers who claim that our G1 practice tests were sometimes the only resource that helped them pass! See our 'Testimonials' page to see what other beginner drivers say about our tests.
- What if I only want to practice Road Signs (Rules of the Road)?
- Is the format of your G1 practice tests similar to that of the real G1?Our tests were build to imitate the real G1 Test in every aspect. To ensure your experience with us is nearly identical to the 'real deal', all of our tests except marathons have the same number of questions (40). We also organized our practice tests the same way (2 sections with 20 questions in each), and adopted the same scoring system (4 mistakes allowed for each section) as the real G1 Test. However, to help you learn the questions and answers better we have gone one step further. All of our driving practice tests contain Hints (short triggers to help you when you don't know the answer) and Explanations (longer references that are only displayed when you give the wrong answer).
- What if I haven't finished my test, but need to go (close browser/turn off computer)?If you're doing a test and have to switch to something else (open another website, close your browser or even turn off your computer), we'll remember where you left off and next time you visit that test we'll display your progress, so that you can continue practicing your sample G1 test from the question where you left off (this is made possible by remembering your computer via cookies).
- What's the BEST way to practice for my G1 test?We suggest you do the tests in the order they are on the page: Test One, Test Two, Test Three, Test Four, Test Five. After that you should be ready to check how well you know the Road Signs by taking the Road Signs Marathon, then - Rules of the Road by taking the Road Rules Marathon, and finally - the Maximum Marathon that contains the jumbled questions from ALL the G1 Practice Tests. *Please note that we do not show the correct answers in Marathons on purpose. Instead, if you make a mistake we'll keep showing you this question again and again at a later point until you answer correctly!
- What are the 'hints' and 'explanations'?In the lower left corner of every test there is a 'Hint' link - click it when you have no idea about the correct answer. Instead of guessing the answer, read our short hint, it should help you answer. Also, on every G1 practice test (except the Marathons) every time you provide a wrong answer you'll see the 'Explanation' section right below the choices. Read it carefully - it's there to help you remember. *Please note that there will be no hints or explanations at the real G1 test - we're only using them on our practice tests to help you learn the questions and answers better!
- How do I track my progress?Tracking your progress is very simple. On the left-hand side of every G1 test there is a section (vertical grid) with numbers. Every question cell changes its color depending on your current progress. It becomes green when you answer that question correctly, and red - when you give the wrong answer. Additionally, in Marathon G1 Practice Tests the questions may get colored yellow - this means you got this question wrong and the system will display it to you once again later.
- What are G1 Marathons? Why no correct answer is displayed there?G1 Marathons are our unique compilations of questions that have a slightly different algorithm than other practice tests. Unlike 'regular' G1 Practice Tests, no correct answer is displayed in Marathons. We are doing this on purpose, because every time you give the wrong answer in a Marathon test, the system remembers that question (and marks it yellow on the left-hand grid) and will display the same question to you again at some later point. This way, a Marathon Test only ends when you have answered ALL 100% of questions properly!
- Do you have any practice tests for other provinces?YES! We have driving practice tests for every Canadian province and territory! Please visit the main page to choose your test.
- How effective are these G1 Practice Tests?Every day from 2 to 3 thousand Canadians take our practice tests. Over the years, we have received only positive feedback: hundreds and hundreds of users claim that it was because of our written practice tests that they were able to pass their knowledge test (see our 'Testimonials' page). To achieve the best result, we recommend that you take the whole complex of G1 Practice Tests including all three Marathons until you get 100% in each of them.
- I want to know more about the Ontario G1 TestWe have prepared a few guides for those who need more information about the requirements and the structure of this test. Please see the following links: G1 Exam Step By Step.
- I think I'm ready for the real G1 Test. What do I do next?Please see our step-by-step guide to getting your Ontario Driving License. It will help you understand the stages of the Ontario graduated licensing system and will tell you what your next step should be.
- I have a question that's not answered above.