About the Versatile Training Solutions:
Class 1, 3 & 4 TrainingClass # 1 & # 3 Driver Training:
→ Hourly training is available at a cost of $100.00 per hour plus HST.
*All Costs subject to change without notice.
→ The training will take approximately 10-25+ hours depending on experience, Class of license upgrading to and how quickly a person progresses.
→ Pre-trip inspection, coupling, uncoupling, backing, rural, urban and highway driving will be covered in preparation for the motor vehicle road test.
→ We will be responsible for booking your road test at the motor vehicle and scheduling your training at a mutually convenient time. This cannot be done until you have completed your medical fitness report and written tests with the Driver Examiner.
Pre-requisites for Class # 1 & # 3 Driver Training:
Eligibility: A person must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a class 1 or 3 license and have completed the Graduated License Program.
Steps for obtaining a Learners Permit for Class # 1 & # 3 (Beginners license):
- The trainee must have a Class # 1 & # 3 Medical Fitness Report completed by a doctor. Fee for medical is the responsibility of the applicant. Schedule an appointment with a family doctor or after hours clinic. Cost varies. Forms can be picked up at your local motor vehicle branch or viewed online here.
- The trainee is encouraged to study the entire Drivers Handbook and Air Brake Manual prior to completing the written test at the motor vehicle.
Driver’s Handbooks can be purchased at the motor vehicle ($5.00 plus GST) or viewed online here.
Air Brake manual can be purchased at the motor vehicle ($10.00 plus GST) or viewed online here.
- Once the Medical Fitness Report is completed and you have studied your Driver’s Handbook and Air Brake Manual thoroughly, you can then schedule an appointment with the Driver Examiner to complete your written tests for your learners permit. Appointments can be made by telephone through Service New Brunswick’s Teleservices at 1-888-762-8600. Testing is available in both official languages. The cost of the written tests is $25.00 plus HST payable at time of written tests.
The Driver Examiner will check over your Medical Fitness Report, Test your Eyes and deliver the following tests.
There are 4 written knowledge tests:
1. Rules of the Road
2. Road Signs
3. Commercial (Lengths, widths, requirements for commercial vehicles – found throughout the Driver’s Handbook)
4. Air Brakes (There is also a practical test for air brakes)
*Preparation for your Learners Permit (beginners for Class # 1 or # 3) is available upon request at an additional cost.
Once you have completed your Learners Permit for Class # 1 or # 3, you can call us with your License Number and Date of Birth at (506)433-5832 and we will book your road test and schedule your hourly training.
You will be required to purchase your Road Test prior to Road Test day at the motor vehicle at a cost of $50.00 plus HST.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.
General InfoBRIEF DESCRIPTION:
Versatile Training Solutions is focused on providing a variety of training, evaluation and other safety services to Emergency Services, Municipal Works Departments, Utility Companies, Construction and Transportation Industries as well as individuals seeking training.
CLASS 1 & 3 HOURLY TRUCK TRAINING:
Cost: $100.00/hr plus HST
- Pre-trip inspection, coupling, uncoupling, backing, rural, urban and highway driving will be covered in preparation for the motor vehicle road test.
- Responsible for making arrangements with the motor vehicle for road test (road test costs $56.60).
CLASS 1 & 3 DRIVER EVALUATIONS
*Experienced & New Drivers* (3 Hours) Cost: $300.00 plus HST
- Pre-trip inspection, coupling, uncoupling, backing, rural, urban and highway driving will be evaluated.
- A written report will be completed for your records.
OTHER COURSES OFFERED:
- Air Brake
- PDIC (Professional Driver Improvement Course) Defensive Driving
- Canadian Hours of Service (Log Book)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Forklift Training
- Fire Extinguisher
- Traffic Control Person
- WATCM (Work Area Traffic Control Manual)
- Fall Protection
- Train the Trainer and/or Coach Training
- Snow Plow Training
WE CAN COME TO YOU TO ACCOMMODATE ALL YOUR TRAINING NEEDS!!!
* Versatile Training Solutions is registered under the New Brunswick Private Occupational Training Act and instructors are licensed by the Department of Public Safety.
Visit www.versatiletrainingsolutions.com for more information.